The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) is a premier educator and professional resource for the meetings & convention industry. For four days this January, over 3,700 meeting professionals will be exploring Boston. This event is expected to bring in $7.15 million in economic impact to our city.
The positive impact of this event on the local community is huge. Find out how it might affect you >>
When you get to the volunteer sign-up page, you will be asked to create a volunteer profile. You may also choose times that you are available to volunteer. PCMA will assign and distribute volunteer jobs by early December. Volunteer assignments may include serving as greeters at key arrival locations such as the airport and block hotels, working at conference registration in the various registration locations, serving as room monitors at the Hynes Convention Center, providing directional and way-finding assistance, and more.
Here are some of the benefits you will get by volunteering:
- Discounted conference registration for professional, supplier, faculty and student volunteers. Find out how much discount you will be entitled to and how to receive it >>
- Complimentary parking at the Boston Common Garage with shuttle service to the Hynes Convention Center
- Complimentary meals during your volunteer hours
- Admission to the Opening Reception at the BCEC
- Admission to the Networking Reception at Faneuil Hall Marketplace
- Discounted registration to one 2014 PCMA New England Chapter educational program
- Networking opportunities with your industry peers
Should you have any questions on the Host City Volunteer program, please contact Kevin Panetta, Regional Vice President, Sales, onPeak at Kevin.Panetta@onpeak.com or at 617-752-4384 or Jackie Goodhart, Senior Sales Manager, Omni Mount Washington Resort, email@example.com or 603-278-8854.